Tuesday, August 04, 2009

THE RALLY





A great crowd turned out thismorning, in Melbourne's cool winter weather, to tell Nicola Roxon that we want private midwifery.

People came from all around - Geelong and the Barwon coast, the Otways, Ballarat, Bendigo, Echuca, the Yarra Ranges, Gippsland, the Peninsula, and many Melbourne suburbs.

The youngest baby I saw was 6 days old, born at home.

Senator Steve Fielding came and promised his support. Thanks Steve, we need you to put families first, and protect our God-given right to give birth - to do what our bodies are so wonderfully able to do, in our own homes, with a known and trusted midwife in attendance.

















Blog readers, if you have a photo from the rally that you would like shared on this blog, please send it to me. More pics are going on the MiPP blog.

Thankyou everyone who demonstrated support today for a very worthy cause.

2 comments:

Sif said...

Looks great! I used your calling cards as a template and wrote up my own calling card in case I was able to get there, but I wasn't in the end, so I'll have to mail it in :)...

Fantastic turnout!

Kristen's Raw said...

Oh! I wish I were there to show support. Midwives are amazing.

Hugs and Love! I hope they get their heads on straight and support this issue!

Cheers,
Kristen