Saturday, April 23, 2022

Holding onto old photographs

 

Photo:  Noel, me, and our baby Miriam, posing for a photo (using the timer) in our back yard in Haslett, Michigan (early 1974)

We were young and we were beautiful.   We had moved from Melbourne to Michigan, and Noel had a scholarship to undertake graduate degrees with the Dairy Science department of Michigan State University. 

The falling 'snow' in this image has appeared magically - and I don't know how to get rid of it.  I'm pretty sure that I would not have stood in falling snow with my baby so exposed.  I had seen snow once before going to USA.  I had done a tourist bus trip to Mount Kosciusko and the Snowy Mountains when I drove from  my home in Brisbane, to Melbourne, to study midwifery. 


Every photo has a story.  If I were to show this pic to our daughters they would guess the details.  Our sons may not.  I wonder if anyone will value this, and the many other pics, some of a lesser quality, when I am no longer able to tell our stories?

No comments: